Position: CNC Machinist
Hours: Second Shift: 1:45pm – 11:45pm (Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday)
Location: Lake Mills, WI
Wage Range: Depends on skill level and experience.
Why work at Aztalan Engineering?
- We are 100% employee owned!
- We are flexible and family oriented!
- We offer great benefits!
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Company paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Apprenticeship program and educational assistance program
- Paid time off and floating holidays
- 8 paid holidays
- 1/2 hour paid lunch break
- Want to hear from real people? Check out our video at https://youtu.be/WF_JibSTQC0!
What would I do?
- Set up, prove out and edit new part programs and existing part programs on various CNC machines
- Read, interpret and edit machine code
- Calculate and adjust tool speeds and feeds to match machining conditions
- Use cutting tools and know their application, various grades and designations
- Use traditional inspection tools to verify part dimensions
- Use CMMs, surface measuring equipment and optical inspection equipment to verify part dimensions
- Read and interpret part prints and Geometric Tolerancing
- Other duties may be assigned
Do I have what it takes?
- You must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- You must have 5+ years of CNC Machinist experience or equivalent education/training and experience
- You must have in-depth experience gained by schooling, training or on-the-job experience necessary to operate machining centers, vertical mills, single and twin spindle lathes
- You must be able to use standard shop math and trigonometric functions
- You must have sufficient computer skills to operate computerized controls with pre-programmed software systems
- You must be capable of using traditional inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, indicators), surface plate inspection methods (using gauge blocks, indicators, sine bars), and basic CMM use
- You must have specific vision abilities which include close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- You must be able to stand, bend, crouch, stoop, reach above shoulders and lift heave objects at times
- You must have solid problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
- You must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- You must be very detail oriented
Apply today! Please complete the employment application online by clicking on the link “Join Our Team” at the bottom of the webpage or by going to the “Contact Us” tab and select “Join Our Team.” You may also email your resume and cover letter to Alex Sawicki at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have what we are looking for, you will be contacted to schedule a phone interview so you can tell us all about the amazing teammate you’ll be!