Job Opening: CNC Machinist Lead
Shift: Second Shift
Pay: $25.00 – $28.00/hour, depending on experience
What would I do?
This position is responsible for supporting all second shift machinists and operators and supervising general control of shift workflow.
The purpose of this position is to make sure efficiency levels are met, in addition to keeping people on task and following standard operating procedures, rules, and policies set forth in the employee handbook.
This position is required to run machines while serving the role of lead person.
- Set up, prove out and edit new part programs and existing part programs on various CNC machines
- Read, interpret and edit machine code
- Calculate and adjust tool speeds and feeds to match machining conditions
- Use CMMs, surface measuring equipment and optical inspection equipment to verify part dimensions
- Read and interpret part prints and Geometric Tolerancing
- Assist all second shift machinists and operators in the manufacturing of products to meet company’s quality standards and production quotas
- Be the point of contact for general shift work issues, machine issues and logistical issues
- Lead all problem resolution attempts, with the support of the Production Manager
- Support enforcement of company policies as described in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned
Do I have what it takes?
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have 5+ years of CNC Machinist experience, required
- A strong milling background is preferred with exposure to turning a plus
- Must have in-depth experience gained by schooling, training and on-the-job experience necessary to operate machining centers, vertical mills and single and twin spindle lathes
- Must have 1+ years of leadership experience, preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and strong listening skills
- Must have proficient planning and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and think analytically
- Must use solid judgment and independent thinking
- Must be effective with time management and capable of handling frequent interruptions
- Computer skills must be sufficient to operate computerized controls with pre-programmed software systems and Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to stand for up to 5 hours at a time
Apply today under ‘Contact Us’ – ‘Join Our Team!’ You can also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have what we are looking for, Human Resources will contact you to schedule a phone interview so you can tell us all about the amazing teammate you’ll be!