Position: 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Hours: 1:45pm – 9:45pm Monday through Friday (Could be more with overtime hours)
Location: Lake Mills, WI
The purpose of this position is to make sure efficiency levels are met, in addition to keeping people on task and following standard operating procedures, rules, and policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Wage Range: $20.00+ per hour
Our Key Requirements:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: [Other duties may be assigned.]
This position is responsible for the supervision of 2nd shift employees, which include performance evaluations, employee counseling, discipline, and general control of 2nd shift workflow.
This position may also be required to run a machine(s) while serving the role of supervisor.
- Directing and leading production in the manufacturing of products to meet company’s quality standards and production quotas.
- Be the point of contact for general work issues, machine issues, and logistical issues related to employees being productive and efficient on 2nd shift.
- Assist in tandem with Production Managers in solving part related issues between shifts as an advocate for 2nd shift
- Be responsible for shutdown and lockup at the end of 2nd shift nightly
- Enforce company policies as described in the Employee Handbook
- Issue verbal and written warnings to correct employee performance in tandem with Director of Production
- Make recommendations to Production Managers regarding employee performance
- Creates and performs employee performance reviews
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- In-depth experience gained by schooling, training and on-the-job experience necessary to operate machining centers, vertical mills and single and twin spindle lathes. Computer skills must be sufficient to operate computerized controls with pre-programmed software systems.
- Previous supervisory experience or equivalent skills required.
- Must possess sufficient skill in oral and written English to present a professional level of communication with management and employees.
- Valid driver’s license
Accomplished in Microsoft Office products with general knowledge in data processing products supporting modern digitally integrated production control systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent per hiring personnel.
- Generally, requires five or more years of CNC Machinist experience or equivalent education/training and experience per hiring personnel.
- Previous experience as a supervisor preferred
Please note: Not all key requirements need to be met by a candidate, but willingness to learn and work as a team is a must.
AEI offers a wide range of benefits including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Retirement/Savings Plans (401K)
Short and Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Reimbursement
Personal Time Off including sick pay
Our Application Process
Email your Resume and/or complete an online Employment Application, expressing your talents, skills, successes and career objectives to Sarah Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.