Position: Programmer – Esprit / SolidWorks
Hours: First Shift (Monday – Friday) 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Lake Mills, WI
The purpose of this position is to create, maintain, support CNC programs, as well as to create and maintain specific work instructions to support the machining operations. This position will also be instrumental in supporting machinists with various problems with programs and processes.
Wage Range: $55,000/year – $80,000/year depending on skill level and experience. (Exempt Position)
Our Key Requirements
- Create and maintain CNC programs using Esprit software
- Create and maintain machine set-up sheets and program revision history
- Assist in set-up and prove out of new CNC programs using Esprit
- Support machinists with problem solving and troubleshoot Esprit programs as needed
- Design and be able to pick out proper tooling for new and current programs
- Continually look for process improvement, cycle time reduction, and set-up time reduction
- Attend New Part Meetings, Pre-Production Meetings, and Programmer Meetings
- Deliver completed CNC programs to workcells as needed and on time in order to meet customer requirements
- Update old CNC programs using Esprit
- Participate in workcell team building and lean efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Our Qualifications and Tool Requirements
- This position requires a thorough understanding of CNC programming, machining, and processes that go along with manufacturing
- This position requires a thorough understanding of metal cutting tools, holders, fixtures, and workholding
- This position requires an operational understanding of the functions of a CNC machine tool and the machine tool controller including complex multi-axis and multi spindle machine tools
- Generally three or more years of experience in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment. Must be experienced in using traditional inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, bore gages, indicators), surface plate inspection methods (using gage blocks, indicators, sine bars) and have basic skills using a CMM and Optical Comparator.
- Must possess sufficient skill in oral and written English to present a professional level of communication with management and employees.
- Proficient in Esprit software and SolidWorks.
Note: Not all key requirements need to be met by a candidate, but willingness to learn and work as a team is a must!
AEI offers a wide range of benefits including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Retirement/Savings Plans (401K)
Short and Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Reimbursement
Personal Time Off including sick pay
Our Application Process
Mail or email your resume and Employment Application, along with cover letter expressing your talents, skills, successes and career objectives to Sarah Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.