Position: Quality Engineer
Hours: First Shift (Monday – Friday) 7:30am – 3:30pm
Location: Lake Mills, WI
- This position provides Quality Engineering support for new or revised parts and/or processes; supports Quality department initiatives and tasks; assists with maintaining the Quality Management System; assists with problem solving and continual improvement activities.
Wage Range: $50,000/year – $55,000/year depending on skill level and experience. (Exempt Position)
Our Key Requirements
- Provide Quality Engineering support during the introduction of new or revised parts and/or processes
- Monitor product quality, identify sources of quality problems, and facilitate corrective action solutions
- Plan, implement, and coordinate studies for quality process improvements and cost reductions utilizing appropriate statistical methods/quality tools
- Create and maintain manufacturing and inspection work instructions
- Support Inspection personnel and processes
- Support machinists and shop floor personnel
- Work with machinists to prove out new parts and/or prototypes
- Participate in New Part Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Our Qualifications and Tool Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of metrology and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of problem solving and analytical tools and practices.
- Able to use computer applications, calculator, and telephone.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in an Engineering discipline.
- Generally five or more years of experience in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment. At least two of those years should involve positions in Quality.
- Must be experienced in using traditional inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, bore gages, indicators), surface plate inspection methods (using gage blocks, indicators, sine bars) and have basic skills using a CMM. Must be experienced using problem solving and analytical tools and practices to include process capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility studies, and statistical process control.
- Must possess sufficient skill in oral and written English to present a professional level of communication with management and employees.
Note: Not all key requirements need to be met by a candidate, but willingness to learn and work as a team is a must!
AEI offers a wide range of benefits including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Retirement/Savings Plans (401K)
Short and Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Reimbursement
Personal Time Off including sick pay
Our Application Process
Mail or email your resume and Employment Application, along with cover letter expressing your talents, skills, successes and career objectives to Sarah Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.