Position: Purchasing Clerk
Location: Lake Mills, WI
- Procuring materials, equipment and services to meet company requirements in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. Serve as a resource for internal and external concerns or complaints as to recommend solutions. Design and implement systems or procedural changes to improve efficiencies and accuracy, to include supplier selection.
- Timely procurement of materials, equipment and services to support company needs through the use of ERP generated reports and Purchase Order Requisitions on a daily basis.
- Results to be monitored on a weekly basis.
- Performance measurement tools are as follows: Past Due Purchase Order Report, Purchase Price Variance Report, and Delivery Performance Report.
- Interact on a regular basis with suppliers.
- Source and negotiate for existing and new product needs in an effort to add value to Aztalan Engineering products regarding cost savings, product quality, delivery performance and serviceability.
- Quote, prepare orders and follow-up to expedite delivery.
- Interact on a regular basis with the following departments:
- Production Control
- Regarding shortages and outside services
- Seek assistance with technical concerns or specification alternatives
- Scheduling questions
- Customer Service/Sales
- Regarding shortages, quotations, technical questions and support
- Cost Accounting and Administration
- Report clarification or resolution
- Production Control
- Business travel will be limited to supplier visits and training.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to meet time constraints or deadlines and scheduled inventories.
- Maintains a constant awareness of safety issues within the work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Effective verbal communication skills with positive attitude.
- Professional image and phone demeanor.
- Proven initiative and accountability.
- Highly accurate computer data entry skills to include Word, Excel, and ERP software systems.
- Highly accurate number and visual perception.
- Effective planning and organization with maximum utilization of time management.
- Competent with deadlines and pressure with the ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to use judgment and independent thinking in the interpretation of data with indirect supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree, preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, required.
Note: A willingness to learn and work as a team is a must!
AEI offers a wide range of benefits including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Retirement/Savings Plans (401K)
Short and Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Reimbursement
Personal Time Off including sick pay
Our Application Process:
Please complete the employment application online by clicking on the link “Join Our Team” at the bottom of the webpage or by going to the “Contact Us” tab and select “Join Our Team.” You can also email your resume and cover letter expressing your talents, skills, successes and career objectives to Sarah Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Sawicki at email@example.com.